One of the best ways to learn Arabic is watching movies. Unfortunately there are hardly any movies or TV series on Netflix which have Arabic audio.
How about watching Stranger Things with ARABIC subtitles?
(Screenshot – copyright: Netflix)
How does it work? There are two possibilities:
OPTION 2: This always works not matter where you live. It is completely free and legal. You just need to use Chrome as a browser and follow these steps:
2. Go to Netflix. Now you should see some extra symbols on the right side of your screen.
3. You need to download the files for the subtitles now. They are available at www.subflicks.com
4. For example – search for: arabic stranger things. Hint: Always add arabic to your search string in order to find it quickly.
5. Download the file for the episode you want to watch.
6. Got to Netflixand choose the TV series and episode you want to watch.
7. This is the most important step: Now klick on the first symbol (sign of a comment with three circles) on the right side of your screen.
It will open a window. Go to the folder where you downloaded the subtitle file and choose it.
8. That’s it.
For many (I’d say almost all popular TV series) there are ARABIC subtitles available on subflicks.com:
- Breaking Bad
- Orange is the New Black
- Stranger Things
- How to get away with murder
By the way – this also works for other languages such as Hebrew, Russian, or Mandarin Chinese.
Do you know any better justification for binge watching than saying that you are actually studying Arabic? 😉