This 828-page-book aims to transform grammar, a subject hated by many people, into an understandable an enjoyable subject.
Arabic for Nerds 2
A Grammar Compendium – 450 Questions about Arabic Grammar.
ARABIC FOR NERDS 2 will improve your understanding of written Arabic texts dramatically. It helps you to achieve your final goal: the superior level (C2).
ARABIC FOR NERDS 2 is a grammar compendium. It gives you all the tools that you need to properly analyze any Arabic sentence – no matter if it is taken from a children’s book or the Holy Qur’an.
This is not another boring grammar book. ARABIC FOR NERDS 2 will teach you in an entertaining way how to dissect a sentence, how to identify the function of letters, words, and syntax – in short: the I’rab (إِعْراب).
Imagine pushing entire sentences into an MRI machine. After we have examined the structure, we put single words under a microscope. Eventually we will know how sentences work or why they don’t work.
This book is thoughtfully structured to guide you through
- the jungle of case endings
- playing with word order
- understanding fine points of Classical and Modern Standard Arabic,
- and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every Arabic sentence is fully vowelled (Tashkeel) and translated into English.
It is specifically intended for advanced learners.
- ISBN (softcover): 978-3-9819848-0-4
ISBN (hardcover): 978-3-9819848-1-1
- Publisher: pochemuchka (Gerald Drißner), Berlin/Germany, August 2018
- Page Count: 828
- Price: 25.99$ (softcover), 29.99 $ (hardcover) – note that prices may vary depending on your location.
- Note that there is no e-book version available as most e-book readers can’t deal with complex tables and Arabic script.